Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pink Wednesday: Pink Icing and Cupcakes!

Yay it's Wednesday, and on Wednesdays we wear pink!  I've been looking forward to this one because I missed the last one due to finals. :)  So without further ado, I present you... cupcake nails! :)



I'm so glad I raced out to take pics of this mani yesterday before the sun set, because there's no sun out today!  But that also means my cuticles were a bit dry, and there was still some residue from the blue BYS color change polish.  Eek!


For the cupcakes I used 2 coats of Warm Cocoa by Love & Beauty.  The pink icing is 3 coats of Revlon Sheer Cotton, which was one of the polishes I won from Steph's giveaway.  I'll review that later on in this post.  For the sprinkles, I used a coat of Milani Gems.  I finished off by using China Glaze Ahoy for the cherry and Milani White nail art polish for the stripes.  Ah I was so careful not to smear the white stripes while putting on Seche Vite top coat, but alas Ahoy wasn't dry yet and it smeared onto the icing.  I can't really tell in person though, and the cupcakes are super cute. :)






For the other nails I used 5 coats of Revlon Sheer Cotton, .  Sheer Cotton is sheer but not streaky in my opinion.  Which is good!  I think 3 coats is fine, but 4 would be ideal for full coverage if you have long nails.  Initially, I was going to do brown polka dots over Sheer Cotton on the other nails.  But since I didn't have time, I used 1 coat of Milani Gems instead.  Then I applied another coat of Sheer Cotton over it (this coat will be the fourth, so do only 3 in the beginning).  Does it remind you of anything?  Well it's not supposed to be anything like Deborah Lippman Glitter in the Air, but it was definitely inspired by that polish.  I also wanted to add a little bit of sparkle on top, so I added a coat of Wet n Wild Party of Five Glitters.  Next time, I think I'll use Party of Five instead of Gems, since I want the glitter to be more sparse and spread apart.

What do you think?  Would you do this mani?  I'm wearing it right now, and it's so cute!  :3


Liz

6 comments:

  1. seriously makes me hungry! such a cute and pretty mani! nom! I think I'd fail at doing this one lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Manicured Monkey: It makes me hungry too! :p It wasn't hard at all to do. You should try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look yummy (think I want to lick my nails all day ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd so wear this!! Its super cute! I love the way you layered the Sheer Cotton in between the glitters... I like it better than Glitter in the Air, more colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)