Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Nicole by OPI Gumdrops Collection Review



Hey guys!  Today I have another texture collection to share with you.  These were all taken in direct sunlight. :)


Candy Is Dandy, 3 coats: pinky jelly texture with fine silver glitter and various sized holo glitter.  I've actually worn this three times now - mainly because whenever I swatched it the sun would go away.  I'm usually not into these types of pinks, but I really liked this one.  It's super sparkly, especially because of all the holographic glitter.



My Cherry Amour, 2 coats: raspberry red texture with fine holographic glitter.  It does become a darker red if you do another coat, but for the most part this has bit too much blue in it to be a true red.  The holographic glitter in this is subtle, but definitely visible in the sun.  I tried to capture all the sparkle, but failed miserably.  LOL. I think this means you should go check it out in person. :)



I Lilac Gumdrops, 3 coats: sheer, lilac frost texture with silver glitter shards.  I found this a little too cool for skin tone, especially in the shade.  But in the sun, it really comes alive.  There's actually some pink shimmer in here that's only visible in sunlight.  It adds some warmth and makes the color more interesting.



Blue-Berry Sweet On You, 3 coats: indigo texture with very fine silver shimmer/glitter.  2 coats actually gave me pretty good coverage, but I did 3 for pictures.



A-Nise Treat, 3 coats (opaque in 2): black jelly texture with silver micro glitter.



Cinna-man Of My Dreams, 2 coats: red texture with red/orange flecks and silver micro glitter.


Verdict:  All of the polishes had great formulas and applied flawlessly.  My personal favorites were Candy is Dandy and My Cherry Amour.

Availability:  This limited edition collection will be available beginning May 2013 for $7.99 each at retailers including select Walmart (May 2013), CVS (June 2013), Rite Aid, Kmart, Kroger, Ulta, H-E-B, and Duane Reade locations (August 2013), In Canada, these shades will be available for $10.99 each at Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart Canada (July 2013), Jean Coutu, Loblaw, and London Drug (August 2013).  For more information, visit nicolebyopi.com. Follow Nicole by OPI on Twitter @NicoleByOPI and become a Facebook fan!


Have you seen any of these in stores?  Let me know in the comments in you've tried any. :)

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)