Sunday, February 1, 2015

[Review+Swatch] Zoya Naturel Satins Collection for 2015



Hi, everyone! Can you believe it's already February? Today I have the rest of the Zoya Naturel Satins collection for you. If you missed my first post, head on over here for more info on the satin finish and my in depth review of Ana. The rest is all below, and the swatches are all shown without top coat to show the semi-matte finish.


Sage, 3 coats: "mossy sage green cream" satin. Starting out with my favorite of the collection. The formula on this was thinner than the others, which made the first coat a little sheerer. However, the second coat went on nearly opaque. Application was superb: smooth, even, and creamy.



Rowan, 2 coats: "suede taupe cream" satin. It applies easily and is best applied in medium to thick coats.



Tove, 2 coats: "misty slate grey cream" satin. Again, I had no problems with application.



Brittany, 3 coats: "rose mauve cream" satin. I did three coats for these pictures, but it looked opaque at 2 coats.



Leah, 3 coats: "lavender tinged taupe cream" satin. This color didn't really strike me as purple when swatching, but after reading the description I do see the hint of lavender. It's an interesting shade that seems to tiptoe between grey and lavender-taupe depending on the lighting.



Ana, 4 coats: "light toasted almond cream" satin. I reviewed this one in a separate post here.


Some nail art looks...


Zoya Rowan stamped with Brittany using MoYou London's Bridal 07 stamping plate. The Naturel Satins seem to stamp well as long as you work quickly.


This one's a fail, but I thought I'd share it anyway since I spent some time on it. The base color is Sage and I topped everything off with top coat. I used MoYou London Suki 01 and 06 for this look.

Verdict: In general, this collection performed very well. Almost all the colors applied smoothly and evenly in 2-3 medium coats. I thought dry time was perfect, and I enjoy the softness of this collection in both finish and color. My favorites were Sage and Brittany with Tove coming in as a close second.

Availability: The Zoya Naturel Satins collection is currently available at Zoya.com for $9 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)